The physicians at the New Hair Institute hold multiple U.S. Patents. Dr. Rassman and Dr. Pak helped pioneer the hair restoration medical industry including Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technology and Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP) technology. They are dedicated in providing the best possible care and results for their patients.
View SMP Gallery
The physicians at the New Hair Institute are skilled artists and inventors. They hold numerous U.S. Patents along with Patents pending in Scalp MicroPigmentation, Follicular Unit Extraction, and Hair Transplant technology. They are internationally recognized and published for their contribution in SMP and FUE. They set the standard of care in Scalp MicroPigmentation and Follicular Unit Extraction Hair Transplant Surgery.
U.S. PATENTS & INVENTIONS
This section contains medical publications of the New Hair Institute, sorted by year, in PDF format. A number of these documents are large and may require additional loading time.
Hair Transplant or Medical / Diagnostic Devices
- U.S. Patent 7,144,406. Hair Transplant Device (December, 2006)
- U.S. Patent 6,572,625. Hair Transplant Harvesting Device and Method for its Use (June, 2003)
- U.S. Patent 6,059,807. Device for Implanting Small Diameter Capillary Grafts (May, 2000) Assignee
- U.S. Patent 5,989,279. Hair Implantation Device (November, 1999)
- U.S. Patent 5,860,899. Back Manipulating Apparatus (January, 1999)
- U.S. Patent 5,817,120. Hair Implanting Instrument (October, 1998)
- U.S. Patent 5,782,851. Hair Transplantation System (July, 1998)
- U.S. Patent 5,584,841. Instrument for Implanting Hair Grafts (December, 1996)
- U.S. Patent 5,331,472. Method and Apparatus for Measuring Hair Density (July, 1994)
- U.S. Patent 5,192,304. Apparatus for manipulating back muscles (March, 1993)
- U.S. Patent Pending 10/640,598. Method and Apparatus for Transplanting a Hair Graft
- U.S. Patent Pending 10/752,263. Method and Apparatus for Transplanting a Hair Graft2
- U.S. Patent Pending 11/462,102. Hair Extraction Device and Method for Its Use
Biotechnology / Chemistry Devices
- U.S. Patent 7,193,711. Imaging Method and Apparatus (March, 2007)
- U.S. Patent 7,126,688. Microarray Scanning (October, 2006)
- U.S. Patent 7,002,686. Apparatus and method for Imaging (February, 2006)
- U.S. Patent 6,882,420. Apparatus and Method for Imaging a Microarray (April, 2005)
- U.S. Patent 6,833,920. Apparatus for Imaging a Microarray (December 2004)
- U.S. Patent 6,859,280. Imaging Apparatus and Method (June 2003) Assignee
- U.S. Patent 6,587,617. Micro Lens Array for Bioassay (February 2001) Assignee
- U.S. Patent 6,594,011. Imaging Apparatus and Method (July 2000) Assignee
- U.S. Patent Pending 09/838,700 Apparatus Including a Biochip for Imaging of Biological Samples & Method
- U.S. Patent Pending 10/602,555 Microarray Scanning
- U.S. Patent Pending 10/158,995 Method and Apparatus for Recognizing Molecular Compounds
- U.S. Patent Pending 11/321,168 Image Acquisition, Processing and Display
Our scientific publications are studied by doctors and patients around the globe and presently number over 70 such publications pioneering most of today’s newest hair restoration technologies (FUT, FUE and SMP). NHI’s commitment to the highest ethical standards benefits the public, the medical profession, and our patients.
- Scalp Micropigmentation:Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America
- Phenotype of Hairline Evolution: Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America
- Scalp micro Pigmentation (SMP): A Novel Application in hair Loss: Hair Transplant Forum International
- Pre-Making Recipient Sites in FUE Procedures, Hair Transplant Forum International
- New Instrumentation for Three-Step Follicular unit Extraction
- Graft Anchoring in Hair Transplantation
- Is a Graft a Graft? That is the Question!
- The Art of Repair in Surgical hair Restoration Part II: The Tactics of Repair
- The Art of Repair in Surgical Hair Restoration Part I: General Aspects of Repair and Basic Repair Strategies
- Donor Dominance Takes a Bow
- Follicular Unit Extraction: minimally Invasive Surgery for Hair Transplantation
- The Scalp Laxity Paradox
- In Support of Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Limiting Epinephrine in Large hair Transplant Sessions
- Rapid Fire Hair Implanter Carousel: A New Surgical Instrument for the Automation of Hair Transplantation
- Measurements in Hair Restoration
- Dissecting Microscope versus Magnifying Loupes
- A Neighbor’s View of the “Follicular Family Unit”
- On the Origin of Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Standardizing the Classification and Descrition of Follicular Unit Transplantation and Mini-micrografting Techniques
- Blind Graft Production: Value at What Cost?
- Follicular Transplantation: Patient Evaluation and Surgical Planning
- Aesthetics of Follicular Transplantation
- What is Delayed Growth?
- Are Scalp Reductions Still Indicated?
- Laser Hair Transplantation: Is it Really State of the Art?
- Answered Questions on Hair Restoration
- Follicular Transplantation
- Follicular Unit Transplantation & Megassessions
- Micrografting in Extensive Quantities